Defending your work =/

T

Hi there,

I just finished defending a research proposal and some of the questions that the panel asked (even the way they asked) left me wondering:

What would you do if the panel is wrong when questioning you, such as:

1)definitions that you wrote on the research e.g. technique vs. method
2)not giving a sound reason why they disagree on certain things, to the point that it annoys you - just disagreeing because of a reason and they couldn't expand further.

Would you mention that they are wrong? - How would you approach this? Would you ask for a source? Would you argue back if the source is wrong or bias?
Would you question them directly to defend yourself? - e.g. "The reason you mentioned is not clear and somewhat inaccurate because..."

or,

Lets say one of the Profs is basing the criticism on his own opinion(s) with no strong supporting facts or evidence to validate his criticism, to the point he's dismissing your own thoughts with no evidence whatsoever. Could one say something like this?,
"Well this is Science and we shouldn't based it on opinion(s), it could be biased and it could also have no supporting evidence, I could say that a horse is better pink because in my opinion, it's going to make the horse faster, stronger and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. But this is an opinion. It could be wrong!".

I don't know if it's a good idea or not to do such things, but the person, I think, would really need to defend their work or risk being label as not being able to do so.
________

I sincerely believe that I would need defend the work as best that I can and I might use sarcasm to make a point, especially to those who stubbornly refused to hear a valid argument like the one above.

Opinions are greatly appreciated =>

*I'm sorry if I didn't structure this post greatly. I'm a bit tired after defending my own research proposal lol =/