Development Studies at Cambrige, LSE or Sussex?

E

I've just received offers for masters in Development Studies from Cambridge, IDS(Sussex) and LSE. Cambridge is obviously the most reputed, but LSE and Sussex seem to have very good program content. Anybody having any idea about the standard of the MPhil in Development Studies at Cambridge? Which one should be the best?

R

lse if u r in london

N

cambridge

L

The Institute for International Studies at the University of Sussex is exemplary and considered to be amongst the strongest Institutes of Development studies in the world. As a Sussex postgraduate student (not studying at IDS, but in an affiliated department) I can say that this reputation holds true. The amount of scholarship and reserach that eminates from IDS is astounding and important. I'm studying globalization here and we often read from IDS sources. IDS offers an incredible array of lectures, panel discussions and professional support. Brighton as a place to live is another big draw - on the coast, less than an hour away from London, and affordable. Another resource for you is www.postgrad.com - loads of information about preparing for your studies. Good luck!