Dilemma over interview presentation

P

I have to prepare an outline for an online tutorial for an OU interview next week but I'm in a dilemma on what to do it on. I have two choices. One is on Beowulf and stuff about the Old English language and themes such as the role of women, so fairly straightforward language, structure and literary criticism. The other is about art and war and the theme of witness. I think the second one is more interesting but I will be using images of death and also want to include a discussion of the Abu Ghraib images. I'm wondering whether this might be too controversial - although I taught it to first year art history students. Should I stick to the safe option or go for the more controversial one which has more potential?

D

Hi Pam,

I know nothing about your topic but I'm mindful of the expression better safe than sorry. Very best of luck!

W

As with Delta, I think I'd go for the safe option too.

A

While I have been to many a borrrrring presentation I think you should go with the safer of your two options. If you were trying an alternative approach with a live audience you could change and adapt according to their reaction but that option isn't really available online.

A