do ever re-read our work and think

did a drunk person write this?

typos, spelling mistakes - and this is after the 3rd proof read

:$

omg - see I've even made 2 typos in the thread title (turkey)

I blame low blood sugar and the cat sitting on me

D

======= Date Modified 10 Mar 2011 13:27:46 =======
Or...

did a drunk person write this?:$

:p

honestly, its the cat

*takes another swig of wine from the bottle under her desk*

:$

I re-read little bits a few years down the road after passing (I'm not sad enough to go right through the whole thing). I escaped with three minor typo corrections.

I'm even more of the believe now that my examiners should have sent me packing with significant corrections to resubmit after six months minus the need for a second viva, simply to get the typos flushed out. I actually said at the end of viva when asked, what sort of time frame I needed and I said about three months to flush out the remianing typos. External listed the typos she'd spotted and all but said "That's it, I'm out of here, do the typos and hardbind within the month." Far be it from me to argue and 10 days later I offloaded it.

I must have prepared okay as the viva was all very straight forward. Although the viva was four hours, I knew the way it was going I was through after 20 minutes. She was seriously into the subject, hence the length of time and only one apparently difficult question. My primary supervisor dove in, not realising I'd actually prepared for that question. I'd actually prepared for and been told to expect a kicking.

K

Haha, I think that's what my sup thinks whenever any of us hand anything in! KB

A

Frequently - am proofing two chapters at the moment and am finding it depressing. Did I really think I'll get a PhD with this load of ...(sprout)

Hi Sneaks, I get really pleased with myself when I've just finished something and my sup is happy, but then re-read months later and think - oh noooowooo I wouldn't write it like that now, and feel as if it's an undergrad essay.

D

I wrote a conference paper which won best paper... Went back to it a couple months later to rework it into a journal piece and it was awful. Genuinely didn't even make sense, supervisors was amazed that the mistakes and gaps was let through to the conference, never mind best paper!

D

He He must have been good! I've found some typos that even my examiners missed! :$