Do you need to have your previous projects with you at a PHd interview?

C

Hello, I have an interview for a phd on Monday but can't find my copy of my honours project anywhere! I'm convinced it's at my parents somewhere but they couldn't find it. Do you need ot have it with you? The letter didn't mention anything and it said it was only going to be a 30 min interview so it doesn't seem like they'd have time to read it anyway. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

M

If you mean a project from your undergrad then they probably won't want to see it in real life but will probably expect you to be able to talk about it and answer questions about it. Make sure to bring it up if it's something you are proud of and feel is relevant and they haven't asked. You can always post it on to them if they would really like to see it. Not a problem I would say, even for a masters project. Good luck.

C

Hello.

My honours project isn't really related to to the PHd at all. Except that they are both zoological, so I guess it should be fine! I'll have to remind myself about it though as it was a few years ago!

Thanks
Caroline

E

In my experience you're very likely to be asked about your project as this will be the closest thing most people have to research experience. In a 30 min interview there won't be time for you to go into huge amounts of detail, but you'll probably be asked to briefly describe the aim of the project, the methods you used etc. Don't think it matters about having a copy of the report, as long as you can remember enough detail to talk about it!