don't know about the rest of you but...

J

I've changed my pic from summer gear and I've put my coat on now. I thought they said it was going to be warmer today, but I'm going to take the dog in a mo - and when I get back I'm putting the heating on - brrrrrr(snowman)

T

Yup getting colder up here in Edinburgh - Gonna get a new thicker duvet this week in preparation for it getting really cold!!

N

I've had the heating on for about 2 weeks now - I really feel the cold. And my mum bought me a new pair of cosy slipper boots so winter is definitely here!

Its milder today than it has been though, my horse only has a medium weight rug on and he's been clipped - usually now he'd be in his heavyweight rug.

B

I'm in Scotland like Tricky, and it's been very autumnal here for weeks. Not wintry yet (has to get significantly colder for that, and more like December/January/February IMHO), but definitely very much colder. I like it! It's my favourite time of year by far. And all the autumnal colours are lovely.

S

I've had the heating on too :-)
is anyone using an electric blanket?

love satchi

B

Quote From satchi:

is anyone using an electric blanket?

I use an electric blanket all year round! The only difference in colder seasons is I turn it up ;-)

B

I think Edinburgh is not so cold today but wet. It was much more colder few days ago when I found the frost on my car glasses in the morning two times in the last two weeks.
Satchi, yes I use electric blanket. I put on before going to bed so when I go the bed is very nicely warm.
I hate cold.

S

I think I will get an electric blanket too! that will be a good idea!

I have a friend who warms up her bed with her hairdryer.
it seems to work; she just puts the hairdryer towards her feet (where she wants it warm)
she says after she falls asleep, then its ok
I haven't done the hairdryer bit because the socket is too far from my bed

love satchi

Hot water bottles all the way!!!! They're cheap and effective!

I hate when it gets colder because the dog has to wear her coat and people stare because she looks pretty silly (b/f got her a luminous yellow one so that she could be visible to traffic). But she can't go outdoors for long without it - the breed just aren't equipped for the cold - not enough body fat :-(

J

Last winter I bought my dog a flashing collar, brilliant when I take him out to play ball when it gets dark as there aren't many lights over the park and I can see where he is going. Suppose I will have to fish it out soon. Don't forget clocks go back tomorrow night :-( but you do get an extra hour on Sunday - to do more work????

I've never seen a flashing collar before Joyce - great idea!!

As for the extra hour on Sunday - well I'll be in the office tomorrow so Sunday will be my day of rest -I really want to go out for brunch because I've never done it before and I really want to try a Bloody Mary :$

S

I remember not knowing about the extra hour (2 years ago).
I think it might have been a saturday or a sunday-- I waited an extra hour for the bus!

love satchi

ooh my dog has a flashing collar too, its luminous yellow and has flashing red lights :-) I also one year got her a christmas flashing thing - but it looked more like a strobe light and I was scared that it might make her have a fit or something :p

Hot water bottle for me - I find electric blankets go cold once your in the bed and then I wake up cold in the night.

I've resorted to putting the heating on, but no one seems to have notified my feet :-(

N

Sneaks - I have a little electric heater that fits perfectly under my desk and keeps my feet warm - would highly recommend!

my mum said Lidl recently had heated booty slippers, maybe I should have got some.