Don't you just hate the waiting? Rant about paper submissions : /

T

Title says it all; ergh : /

Maybe "hate" is a bit strong, but it annoys me really when the places where I submit my papers keep on extending their deadlines and notification of acceptance. It makes me anxious! : (

Is there a way not to so feel anxious? How do you handle the wait and the extended deadlines?

Try to get a life/hobby? lol I do have one : p But you know, after the "life" or hobby, I still somehow think about it *'.'*

B

Are you submitting to conferences? If so get used to the idea of much longer deadlines if you submit to academic journals! It can take them a year or more in some cases to reach a decision. And then several more years for the piece to be published.

The best advice is to get on with other things and forget about something you can't do anything about, and will do no good worrying about.

There's always something else you can be working on :)

T

Quote From BilboBaggins:
Are you submitting to conferences? If so get used to the idea of much longer deadlines if you submit to academic journals! It can take them a year or more in some cases to reach a decision. And then several more years for the piece to be published.

The best advice is to get on with other things and forget about something you can't do anything about, and will do no good worrying about.

There's always something else you can be working on :)

I'm sending some to conferences; even the waiting is making me anxious #'.'#

M

anxious if the conference will reject your paper? Or if the conference will be folded?

The conference's first deadline is often not fixed; it gives the committee a feel on the number of participants. But the second or third deadline helps the conference to generate more monetary gains...

If the participants are few (as suggested in Easychair), then the conference will very, very likely accept your paper. They need more participants to cover many expenses for organizing a conference.
So, just wait for good news.

Unless you worry the conference will be folded? Then re-register your paper and check the Easychair number... Hopefully, the number has increased significantly; better still more than the participants in previous year.