Endnote help please!!!

Y

I've just re-opened my word lit review document, to find that all of my references i've put in endnote have appeared with loads of blurby code. It saved fine last night, the worst bit is the back up copy is doing this as well. When i put the document on print preview it looks all normal and prints ok, but on normal view it looks a total mess. I'm just worried it's going to start corrupting other bits like my pitures next. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?!Thanks in advance for any help.

T

Does it come up with stuff like...

{ADDIN EN.CITE Oviedo-Rondon200634934917Oviedo-Rondon, E. O.Hume, M. E.Hernandez, C.Clemente-Hernandez,

If it doing what i think it is doing what you need to do is go to one of your references and right click anywhere on the reference and click the 'toggle field codes' and that should put it back to how it should be.. If this doesnt work let me know and i will see if i can think of something else

S

Hi - sounds a bit like a problem I had with reference manager recently when I had whole citations and code where each reference was supposed to be - my problem started overnight too! In Word go to tools options then look at the View tab. There's a box marked 'Field codes', which should be unchecked. If that box is checked it might be the cause of your messed up references. Good Luck

Y

Thanks guys that seems to have worked. though when I inport a reference into word its still coming up with the random lines of text. Is there any way to permanently fix it? Plus my images are now coming up as {shape\*merge format} though can see the images when i look at print preview the pictures are there. Weird or what!