Endnote/multiple authors

C

I hope someone on here can help, I've been searching through Endnote help and google to no avail. Basically, I am having trouble with multiple authors when using Cite While You Write. In the citation the authors names are all together with no break e.g. SmithJonesCunningham & Blake.

I've tried changing the output style citation but it's just changing the position of the final author rather than separating the first three.

Any ideas much appreciated!

K

If you open the EndNote program and click on this citation, how does the list of authors look there? It should look somehow like this:

Smith, H.
Jones, B.
Cunningham, D.
Blake, W.

(I just made up the H. B. D. and W., those are the first letters of the first names of the authors)

If not, I would suggest that you would change them to this format and see how that goes...

Hope this works
:-)

B

This is a basic issue, so I apologise if this seems too basic, but I wanted to be sure you knew that EndNote needs each author listed on its own line within the "Author" field. In other words, you need to hit "return" (staying within the Author field) after entering each name.

I remember struggling with this when I first started using Endnote and found it hard to find the solution in the help documentation. I eventually found it, and then everything worked from there. Changing output styles won't fix it if each author's name isn't on its own line within the data field.

B

This is a basic issue, so I apologise if this seems too basic, but I wanted to be sure you knew that EndNote needs each author listed on its own line within the "Author" field. In other words, you need to hit "return" (staying within the Author field) after entering each name.

I remember struggling with this when I first started using Endnote and found it hard to find the solution in the help documentation. I eventually found it, and then everything worked from there. Changing output styles won't fix it if each author's name isn't on its own line within the data field.

C

Thank you both for your replies.

I've got each author on a new line, but I don't have a . after each name, so I will try that out and see what happens.