Energy and Marketing PHD strathclyde please advise

C

Hi forum

I have recently left my job as a consultant ( v happy about it it was hell) Got another job in the energy industry with regular working hrs and a decent wage. I am using this opportunity to undertake my PhD part time. I would like to go back to Strathclyde which is where I did my undergrad and loved it. I know the marketing department there is really good.

I was wondering if I could get some advise, is there anyone who has done a PhD part time and how did they find it. Also does anyone know about the timings of start dates? is it all year round.

Also can anyone point me in the direction of ideas for topics?

Finally does anyone know any websites of the career benifits to undertaking a Phd and the doors it opens for you?

Ta!!

R

If you've already decided on Strathclyde, you should check with them what their start date and application procedures are. As for ideas about topics, I doubt whether anyone can help you with that - a PhD is individual and original research, so it's got to be your own work. If anyone has a great idea for research topics, they're more likely to keep it for themselves in the current highly competitive market. Perhaps you should do a masters first, if you haven't already - it might help you work out where your interests lie and develop your ideas. It is also a smaller commitment in time and money than a PhD if you are also working.

As for your other questions, you do seem to keep asking the same things in your previous threads, so why not go back and re-read the replies, or just browse through the forum - others often ask the same questions, so you are likely to get good advice from them too. Good luck!