ESRC Quota confirmation

A

Hello all,

I just wondered as the ESRC Quota application deadline has passed (July 15th), has anyone received their confirmation of funding yet?

Thanks!

K

I was entered into the open competition and I haven't heard back yet. I think though that this stage is announced later. Have a look on your Jes account to see what stage everything is at.

O

I've got a Je-S account but it's rather inscrutable right now as to confirmation of funding. My institution say things will be fine, but it's nice to be certain!

K

Aye, it doesn't give too much information away, but worth a look every few weeks to see if anything has moved.

D

Hi,

I've also been offered a Quota studentship and my form was sent off a couple of weeks ago. I e-mailed the ESRC a few days ago to ask about timings etc. and they said they will send through the confirmations to the host university early in August.

It'll be so nice to finally get everything sorted in black and white. I was a bit paranoid about the whole procedure but my university has reassured me that the decision to nominate a student is entirely theirs and the ESRC are simply just making sure you fit the basic criteria.

O

Thanks Danielsage

Now you have said early August I have something to fixate obsessively on. (up)

Ogriv
x

N

Re: ESRC Quota Confirmation.. Since it could almost be considered late august.. has anybody heard anything?
Not that I'm fixating obsessively ;-)

J

We got confirmation of the open competition yesterday. It doesn't seem to say anything on J-es; the nominated contact at the university receives a letter from the ESRC and it is their responsibility to notify applicants.

N

Thanks jenjen. Hope you got the answer you wanted. Any chance you could ask your contact whether they were informed about quota at the same time? Don't worry if its too much trouble. NN

O

I've finally found out about this. Mine has been confirmed and it's all fine. Hope this is the case for others.

x