Examiner's reports and results.

Today after a fairly long wait, the graduate research administrators passed on my examiners' reports and the official results declared by the Chair of Examiners.

One external report was Pass-No corrections- the other Pass-Major Corrections. Quite different reports from the examiners so I am presuming they have very different backgrounds. My supervisor was very happy with the first report and said she thought the other person was possibly a bit overly zealous. However, the feedback is useful from both externals.

The Chair of Examiners has given me 6 months to complete corrections but stipulated that she would accept these as soon as I had completed them and I did not need to use all of the time given. So the process now is:

Holiday for everyone-including me-I'm heading off to the UK for 3 weeks to see family and the place I was born! Me and the sups meet late January and decide which changes and revisions we will do and which we will ignore or refute.

I lose my all weekends and the Easter break (again, sigh!) and do the corrections, then submit it and, all being well, should graduate next August 17th of 2018-which is the earliest graduation at my university for the next round come what may, so what the heck!

I'm happy (somewhat) disappointed (somewhat), surprised (no I knew I would get corrections), over it (somewhat). It is all okay though with some rigorous but useful feedback from the second examiner, except the comments on some APA mistakes. I would have sworn that I got every APA issue out-and am wondering whether I have still got combinations of APA 5 and 6 going on!

I've tabled this as most of us who have not gone through this point yet are usually interested in the examination process. (PS, I'm in Australia and did not do a viva voce but did have to make a range of presentations and defences earlier on).

T

Congrats Dr Pjlu!

T

Congratulations Doc!!!

Thank you all very much for your kind words and thoughts. They are very much appreciated. I must confess that I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday afternoon (after the initial reading of results and reports). I won't quite be Dr until corrections and that graduation ceremony but not long now.

K

Just focus on corrections now and try to address all examiners comments correctly, coz they still can fail you if you don't.

Thanks Kamali, it is a pass from both examiners not a revise and resubmit, so the examiners do not need to see my thesis again.

However, I will meet with my supervisors and will address every point carefully either completing a correction or explaining why a specific suggestion does not apply and will ensure the corrected thesis and table of listed adjustments goes to the panel chair as soon as I have had a break.

Cheers and thanks :)

C

Congratulations Pjlu! I hope you are able to enjoy a well-earned break before starting on your corrections. It can be very daunting to get the feedback and to start work yet again on something you've been honing for years, but you are so nearly there with the final version and have already passed :-)

My sincere congratulations to you too! I wish I could have the same success as well :)

Thanks Chickpea and Risfy. Appreciate your kind words and thoughts. ☺