failed phd student looking for a new phd

V

Hi there,

I messed up my Ph.D. journey and am seeking some advice. I've read some experiences from this and another forum but still am not sure what I can do if I still hope to get a Ph.D. I an international Ph.D. student started my studies in 2018 in the UK with funding from my country.
In the last summer of 2020, my studies were terminated by my uni, while I was in my second year, due to my slow progress and the frequencies of meeting with my supervisor did not meet the requirement. I left my uni without getting any degree. Now I am in the process of appealing but not sure if my appeal would be approved or not. My ground is based on health issues, some psychological aspects. At the same time, I am also considering applying for other universities or even in different departments by contacting some potential supervisors, but am not sure if it is appropriate or ethical good if my application to other universities and my appealing to my local university are processing at the same period? I am hoping to continue my studies in early 2021 which is related to the issues of my fundings, that is why I am thinking to do both at the same time. I am also afraid that any potential supervisors or universities would contact my local university when the appealing is still in processing, and I might lose both opportunities to go back to my studies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.