feeling low! !i was given a resubmission.

C

Hi all,

I'm sad,shocked & want 2 stop crying. I had my viva 2 weeks ago. It lasted for 2 hours. During the viva I felt that I am doing great. Then by the end of the viva i was given a resubmisson within 12 months! I was/and still am shocked, thought that it was a joke, i went 2 my superv. And she was shocked 2.
I am not sure what 2 do, am i a failure?

They told me that i havent fail, & i dont deserve a lower degree but i need 2 work more on my thesis.

What shall i do? What will happen ? I am lost, feel that i want 2 screem,keep on crying.
What 2 tell my family? No one will understand!

My superv. Wants us 2 wait 4 the report and see what z required,. I am afraid , and dont know what 2 expect. All my life my mom keeps on saying always expect the best, but this time i am not sure.

Any advice? Please.

M

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear about situation! I cannot even imagine how hard it must be.
I know it might sound ridiculous at this point but perhaps it is for the better! Wait for the report and see what was the reason they want you to resubmit. Try not to think about it now. 'The unknown' scares even more so please don't try to speculate. I don't know what are the rules, but maybe it will turn out that you can correct things in far shorter period of time, instead of 12 months. What does your supervisor says to all that? To what extent is he/she responsible for this???
And finally, yes DO expect the best no matter what! No matter how hard to it is to believe in it now, things will turn out fine. You'll see. Deep breath!!!:-) and keep us posted!

M

M

I am so sorry to hear this. I know there's nothing really any of us can say to make you feel better. But you have said the most important thing yourself in what they told you - you have not failed. However heartbreaking when you have seen the report you have options available on what to do next, and you can and will get a PhD at the end of this. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

C

Hi all,
First i would like to thank you for your kind thoughts. indeed you all were able to relax me a bit. I will wait for the report to come and see what it has to say.
I will keep you posted.
Best,
-E