Festive campaign to remove irritating spelling!

H

I HATE THE ABBREVIATION "U"! It makes an intelligent individual read like a chav. So, in light of the festive season, I want to cheerfully ban all rubbish spelling (honest errors excluded), unnecessary acronyms and bad grammer.
Ho ho ho and a Merry Christmas

R

i might as well be thrown off this website if thats the case ;)

H

Ah, yes. Names don't count, so I'll generously permit you to stay . I will however, allow exceptions in return for a suitable bribe.

H

Hypothesis, you've banned yourself with your "grammer".

J

I hate people who don't know how to use commas .

O

I would like to join this campaign! All of the abbreviations ( is it called text talk?) make it look like a 5 year old is writing!

D

hangs head in shame, I don't use text language but my spelling and grammar is appalling
I do hate people putting 'xmas'. What exactly is a mass of 'X'?

S

Should it be "in THE light of"?

H

Oops. Fervent apologies to H regarding "grammer". I blame it on an appalling lack of coffee. And no sylvester, "in light of..." is correct. And yes, I know I just began (two) sentences with a conjunction...
In addition, I can share a useless "fact": Xmas is an abbreviation for Christ's mass, where X represents a Greek abbreviation of the word "Christ". So I'm told..

D

Mmmm so 'X' factor is really the 'Christ' factor?
I must admit on the rare occasion I have watched the auditions for 'X' factor the words 'Oh Christ' have escaped my lips.....there might just be something in it

V

Something which really annoys me, and I'm not too great with spelling or grammar myself, is when people spell "definitely" "definately" and "weird" as "wierd". I really need to get a life!

F

Personally, what annoys me more than anything else in this regard is 'Americanized' English spelling!

J

My computer keeps reverting to American English, no matter how often I set it to UK English. Hence lots of "colors" and "programs".

H

Juno, I've got just the solution you need: reprogram your computer with a brick.

S

reinvent yourself to the virtual world