Finally getting excited about my PhD!

S

It has taken me a long time, but I am finally starting to get excited about my PhD!!! I've always thought the topic was interesting, but was not really feeling the love. But I just had a magical moment when I read something interesting and got all excited! Have made so many little advances already this week, that I just feel that my PhD is really strong and has so much potential! I have just been reading for the past hour and am really annoyed now that I have to stop working and get the train home. :D xxx

S

It really is like having a baby in so many ways. Some people 'feel the love' from that first moment. Others take time to bond. Some people get depressed and others find thier partner's are not really on board with the whole process. There may be sleepless nights and your social life might well take a downturn. Phases come and go. The project develops from an amorphous wailing blob into a willful, sometimes destructive, sometimes cute and cuddly toddler, then suddenly there is the language explosion at 2.5-3 yrs and you have a talking interacting being that you start to recognise as partly human.

P

well done

keep the flare