Friday Night - The whole world is enjoying life and/or clubbing..

O

..the whole world? No, a couple of PhD students are sitting in their studies, working through the night as they have an important mission to complete. Time and space become irrelevant as they only one thought goes through their head: "I have to stay awake and complete the dissertation..."

Anybody else working tonight?

C

I wouldn't say working per-se...just reading up on some references thrown at me in a supervision today, whilst in bed. Tmrw I shan't work much so this is me 'loaning time'.

O

If your supervisor knew, he would probably be thinking: "that's the perfect PhD student. Midnight, reading the references I suggested today".

Nobody else out there? Just Chris and Otto??

J

am up Otto. You can count on me to be up most nights as my working day is ending at 4amish lately. Trying to meet a deadline for Friday next week.

J

i'll be reading a paper and incorporating it into my thesis. I have to finish a bunch of papers by Monday to be able to submit a good chapter by Friday. I read one earlier, so am on to my second one.

O

Just had 2 cups of very strong coffee. That was a mistake as I won't be able to sleep till 10am, completely hyperactive (and tomorrow sleeping all day)

Good luck with your literature chapter. I'm off for a walk outside to clear my head.

J

hope you had a good walk and thanks.

B

I would have joined you, but decided to drown my sorrows last night.

C

Loads of people up!

God Morgon - God morning!

P

Well, now it is Saturday night and who's working tonight? I mean, it is party night. I am trying to decide whether to slump in front the TV with an unread journal ( I have a huge huge pile, still in plastic with my address label on ) or stay on here and try and find some more articles to print off and fill my growing bulging study with or just stay on here and spend money I don't have on Ebay and Amazon or just stay on here and upload more music onto my iPod or try and work out how EndNote works or work out how the new SPSS works or just make some tea and fall asleep in front of something on the TV that I actually don't want to watch but I am watching because my husband would like to watch it . Wow, so many decisions, I will start with tea........

J

same here, i did some reading in the afternoon, but i still have a paper to read today and i also need to incorporate the one i read earlier. i've been sitting here for hours - since about 7 watching TV. i think am gonna take today off and try to be up early. am just tired/ hungry.. i keep nibbling on this then that, then watching this saying i'll start reading after this programme, i think am just gonna accept that am tired and not up for it tonight. or maybe am lacking discipline!! i don't know.. i think i need the evening off. all the best in your decision making .

P

Decision made, two cups of tea and off to bed

R

Yeh can't sleep after drinking tea!

I

I'm gonna be up... again!

P

Tea doesn't affect me, fortunately, I am having a drip fitted