frustrated with supervisor.....

E

I know that many of you are or usually get frustrated with your supervisors.....
Well, it is my turn!!!!!! :p

I have to say that we get along reasonably well in general....

BUT, during our last meeting I became really upset...
I learned form another research student that they had given her a piece of my writing as a good example of writing. So far so good. I don't have a problem with that, although it would have been much better if they had asked me before giving it.
Then, when we had our meeting, they told me that that particular piece of writing was of really poor quality!
If it was of poor quality, then why had they preseneted it as an example of good writing??????????
And the other student is not telling me lies...I saw the piece, and "good" or "v. good" scribbled all over it.....

Shouldn't I be frustrated??????????? Arghhhhhh
:-s

W

Hi Emmaki,

How easily do you feel you can talk to your supervisor?

Rather than letting frustration and resentment pile up I would ask my supervisor about that as you need to know what parts were perceived as good or very good and what parts where apparently poor quality. Could it be that the other student was given a good example of the form? Maybe your supervisor was commenting on your idea when they said it was poor quality to you.

I really think you need to communicate as it seems like the best way to resolve it!
Hope it all goes well

E

Yestarday we had another meeting and I raised the issue with my sups....
They agreed that they gave my work to the other student as an example of good work (structure, content etc) but they told me that although it is of PhD standard (and of good standard), they believe that I can do it much much better.........

So, they told me something different than the other day.....

R

that is frustrating- still, all's wel; that ends well...at least they want to push you!

L

======= Date Modified 24 Jan 2012 20:50:45 =======
======= Date Modified 20 Jan 2012 19:00:05 =======
xxx