full name of Staub AM, who published the paper "Removal of proteins-Sevag method"

S

I need to know his full name. I can't tell which one is his first name or middle name.
Thank you for help.

H

Well his surname is Staub and his initials are A.M.

I guess you need to google to find out his full name (so what A and M stand for). Does the original article not say? Or you can use which institute he's from.

S

Of course I googled. Unfortunately, I can only find Staub A.M. He published his paper in 1965. I don't think I can access to the original one.
Thank you for your replay.

H

Is it the original paper you need? Why do you need his (or her) full name?

S

I am writing a paper now. I need to cite the method he used. The reference should be properly done with his name.

E

I'm sure you can ask your library to get this for you on an interlibrary loan:

Staub AM (1965) Removal of proteins – Sevag method. Methods Carbohydr Chem 5, 5–6.

Staub's first names will surely be on the original paper. Which you should read anyway if you're citing him in your paper. I do have to wonder though - why do you need to cite the full names of the author? Journal articles don't, they use initials, so surely you don't need to either. Unless of course your paper cites two Staubs with the same initials that both published in 1965?

E

P.S. To answer your other question, his first name has the initial A and middle name has the initial M

S

You should get hold of the original article - you should not include a full name in your reference unless it is used on the original article (you must cite exactly how the name is listed on the article, even if it is only as intials)

H

It's actually a book : Methods in Carbohydrate chemistry volume 5. Sheffield Library (quite poo at times) definitely has it so I'm suprised that you can't get hold of it.

S

Thank you Eppi, Sixkitten and H. Quite good suggestions! Help me a lot!

BTW, I am in China. It is the first time for me to write the paper in English. I have a lot to learn.

S

Hi

I have no idea whether you're still looking for this info, but is it Anne-Marie Staub that you're looking for, by any chance? This isn't my area, but I did a quick PubMed search, and she seems to have done some work in this area.

Hope this is helpful Good luck!