Funding :(

F

Hi all

Well, after all of your excellent advice about my proposal for the EdD course at Exeter I have submitted my application however, I'm really struggling with funding. I am lucky that my school is giving some money towards the EdD but it won't cover all of the tuition fees. I know it sounds like I'm ungrateful for the support but I've recently taken on a larger mortgage and got engaged so I'm saving for a wedding and I just can't afford the extra money for tuition fees as well. I'm quite gutted really. I've been looking into scholarships and funding but nothing relates specifically enough to my area and I don't want to to the EdD in an area that I'm not interested in just to say that I've done it! I think it would be a very hard 6 years if I did that.
Sorry for the moan but I was wondering if any of you had any brilliant ideas about how I could fund my studies? Maybe you have some clever system that I haven't thought about. I work full time as a teacher so I'm not really able to get a second income to supplement my salary.

Thanks

feelingfestive

F

Shameless bump! Please anyone?!

Thanks

W

When I did my Masters I got funded for a project and used that to pay fees. Look at organisations that offer grants for projects as you don't always have to be post Doc to get one. Mine was from the Learning and Skills Council, Institute for Learning sometimes have them.Charities also have bursaries/grants depending on your circumstances, I think there is a link somewhere on this site about finding post grad funding. On 6th March Time to Change are offering grants for mental wellbeing projects, but of course it depends on your interests. Failing all that, I know you say you don't want more debt but what about a career development loan from the gov? You don't pay it back until after your course has finished. :-)

F

Thank you so much for your response. I hadn't thought of the Learnign Skills Council or charities. I shall definintely look into it.

Thanks again

feelingfestive