Funding

G

I recently received a (i) in Biochemistry and Genetics in Dublin andam going to apply for a PhD in England starting September 2004. Im from Ireland, but I was wondering if it is possible to get funding from England, as ive heard its quite difficult to get funding from Ireland for PhDs abroad.Where would be thebestplace to start looking?

Asaside question,is it possible to do the interview for a PhD position over the phone? Ill be in Australia all next year and I dont want to have to wait till next year to start applying for PhD positions.

You can get funding to study in the UK. Look for the projects on this sight marked with an EU flag or world symbol (some of these will only offer partial funding). Your problem may come from being in Australia and although some people may be willing to interview you on the phone, others may not. It would be advisable to try and sort out some of your options before you go. Unfortunately at this time of year supervisors will not know for certain if they have funding for a studentship beginning in October 2004 and will have even less idea of whether that funding will be available to other EU nationals. Find the labs you'd like to work in now and contact them explaining that you'd like to be considered for any studentships they may have starting in 2004. A letter and CV is less likely to be ignored than an email.

G

Respected sir,
Iam a postgraduate in Microbiology from Karnatak niversity,Dharwad.Presently working in one of the National institutes on a project.Sir I wanna to do my Ph.D abroad .So I would like to have the information regarding that.I wanna the information on Funding.
I will be very happy if you send the details.
Thanking you in anticipation
Sachin Kadam

G

Dear Sir
Iam a Sudanese female graduted from Faculty of Medicine,Gezira University,Sudan in 1992,done an MSc in Human Physiology in the above mentioned medical school with collaboration of School of Biological Sciences,Manchester with the research component done in Manchester.Now I want to go further and do a PHd and looking forward for your help and assitance