Getting a good Post-Doc

S

Hi everyone,
This is after stressing hours about possible career path to choose after a PhD. I am an international student in the UK nearing the end of my PhD. I have been desperately looking for a suitable postdoc or similar role before handing in my thesis to avoid a period of unemployment.

I have recently started looking for postdoc jobs as opposed to 'other jobs' because I understand that a post doc vacancy is generally expected to start more or less imminently. I have not been able to find a project that has a close match with my PhD project, let alone applying. Can anyone suggest the best way to look for a post doc in electronic engineering in UK or abroad?

Can anyone also suggest other options within academia? I have done a lot of teaching in the labs/ workshops. I also think work within university as teaching/ administrative (department management/ knowledge transfer/ Intellectual property etc) may also be give thought. But I don't know their implications.

Can anyone suggest something or share their experience in a similar situation. Any reply will be appreciated.
S