Google Scholar help please

N

I don't usually use Google Scholar but have added some texts to my library that I have been unable to find elsewhere so I think I might find it useful. However, I don't really like reading things off the screen and it doesn't look like I can print anything either - am I missing something or is there no way of printing anything or saving it to my PC?

Thanks, Nx

do mean the full texts off scholar? you should be able to print/save them like normal pdfs. which browser are you using?

N

Thanks for replying Sneaks,

I'm using Google Chrome.I can't even see a way of getting the text in a PDF format...will have another look.

======= Date Modified 21 Feb 2011 07:26:05 =======
on google scholar, you should be able to go to the right hand side of the page and put your university under the list in 'scholar preferences' - you can also say you want to import the citations to a certain citation manager e.g. in endnote.

Once you've done that you can go back into your search and any journals you have access to will then come up with a link to your university on the right - which takes you straight to the full text pdf. There will also be a link to import the citation to your chosen program (e.g. endnote)

Sometimes in chrome I find that the pdf doesn't want to save or something, so I skip over to internet explorer instead.

Google books doesn't work like this - that's just a view on the page kinda thing. - rubbish!

P

I sometimes have the same thing when using google chrome! if you open in internet explorer you suddenly get the ability to save it and print like normal..

P

Sneaks, thanks for this advice, I never knew about the extra features! (up)