Having a bad day

M

I finally finished the piece I was doing... and afterwards, I feel like I can't be bothered to do anything. My brain is empty and distracted, and I feel that my work has nowhere to go. Can't really be bothered reading anymore. I hope I get at least a tiny ounce of positive feedback about it because I just need something to get me up and going again

E

Congrats Mokey on submitting some written work! I still haven't managed to accomplish writing anything yet - I keep putting it off by carrying out practical work like piloting my data collection instrument. I kid myself that it's ok 'cos I don't really know what should go in my lit review until I see what issues are raised by my research. I hope your feedback is positive - I'm sure it will be. Here's to a good day for us all tomorrow!

S

Sort of, eddi. my sup has his own office, and i am outside in an open plan area with other postgrads/docs, so we are not in each other's faces all the time. When i see him, though, i feel more inclined to work harder (prob a good thing), and the days he is away, i have a more relaxed approach to my work (prob a bad thing!). So i suppose if i was no where near my sup, i would get nothing done.

O

I have been consumed with locating the right internet radio station. I can only get a limited number to play for whatever reasons... the lack of music is making me stir crazy, it is so hard to work without it! I am about to see if I can actualy make a connection with the all Bruce Springsteen station!

O

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Bruce Springsteen radio works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

Weird...spent all day trying to think of this particular song...from about 2000--could not think of the artist, or the name of the song, but a few of the lyrics...and I turn on my internet radio---and there is is!!!!!!!! Beth Hart LA Song-- how weird is that??!!!! It belongs more properly in my list of homesick blues songs, but anyway!

C

Olivia, you're a fan of blues i take it then?

C

Next monday i am attenting and will actually be playing at a blues/rock jam session. The musicians are absolutely amazing.

O

Fan of blues--oh YES! I mean--I have BEEN to 14th and VINE, the very legendary corner of blues songs! And in certain moods, blues are just the thing to listen to! ( and it goes with trout!)

O

What instrument(s) do you play, Cryo? Are you also a blues fan then ( well, obviously!)

C

I'm a drummer. The last jam session was my first and i enjoyed it immensely that i am going again! I won't go as far as saying that i am a big fan and know all the 'players'at the moment but i am getting into it!

O

Oh def very cool, Cyro! And that must make such a nice constrast to PhD work--to jam with musicians, and play drums! Sounds good! What got you into doing jam sessions like that?

C

Thanks Olivia. A colleague at work is a jazz drummer, he intoduced me first to the jazz one and they mentioned that there was a blues/rock one the following week, so i went to that as well and loved it! It is really something being in a room with lots of other musicians, some old enough to be my fathers! lol

C

And yeah, drumming as well as other interests do help take my mind away from PhD work, even if it's for a little while

O

That can only be a plus, to take have that to take your mind off of the PhD! But what fun, blues music, musicians, hanging out, drumming! Sounds a treat!