having a panicky moment

B

ok, so today is panic day. In december i'll have done three years of my phd, and i've just been given an extension for 6 months (due to an on going health problem). Thing is, until I get a particular technique to work (which hasnt been working for the last year) I have very, very little data. We've provisionally given this technique til Christmas, after which my supervisor says there is some data which I helped gather during my fieldwork, and is related to what I was going to do anyway, that needs analysing and I can use that for my final three chapters. Thing is- this will be an entirely new data set, and either way it works out Ive only got 6 months to analyse and write my entire thesis. I'm really panicking, and what's not helping is my endless procrastination and tiredness (not from doing work but from worrying about it).

B

I've got things like my general introduction to write, but i'm loath to write that if im not entirely sure whats going in my thesis. It just seems that after three years, im in no better situation than i was a year ago, and despite working hard nothing seems to be working out.
ok. sorry rant over. just needed to get it out :)

C

Hi birdsandbees. I do sympathise with what you're faced. I see no other solution that to get stuck in and utilse the remaining time you've got left. You never know, these new results may be what you needed and work in your favour.

Best wishes