Help - Advise on London Met

S

Hi all,

I'm just about to start the Masters in the Psychology Department at London Metropolitan and was excited about it until recently. I was unaware of the bad reputation the college has and stumbled across reviews about it including the finanical worries it seems to be in. I contacted a lecturer I knew who used to teach there who informed me that he would advise against going there. The thing is I think the course itself will be really good but the university may overshadow it. It has a placement as part of the course as well as other training skills which I'm really looking for - I have the academics but not the practical skills. So I'm looking for some honest opinions about my situation and what to do. Thanks all.

I know their psych department is in a bit of a mess and I've known a few lecturers leave because its a bit of a nightmare over there. I think they got fined for taking on too many students (?).

Do you have offers from other unis?

S

Thanks for that. I was offered a place with City University but turned it down two weeks ago which I am now regretting to be honest. Can't believe I'm in this situation. I may call City University today and see whether they will take me back. Any advice on them? I suppose I can take up a placement independently.

I've PMd you

K

Hi!

I have the same dilemma with London Met. At first I got really excited about it, because I really liked the Masters in Marketing that they offer, but then I started doing some researches and now I am not really sure about it. Can you please tell me more about it?

Is it worth going there?

Thank you in advance for your help!