Help! Funding Stress!

C

Im currently in the process of applying for funding but its not looking good! im on track for my degree class to be a 2.1 or a first and i have been offered one place for an MSC in Health Psychology but im worried about not being able to afford it. Its not possible for me to take a year out and working alongside my MSC may not be possible as i have a chronic illness and so this makes me unreliable at work sometimes(i dont let it affect uni). I have a list of a few charities that i am applying to but does anyone have any tips or ideas? someone said that the repayments on a CDL are quite steep and this sort of puts me off the idea of getting one....

S

The repayments are steep on the CDL, however, if you play it right then its not too bad. What's incredibly good about the CDL is that firstly, you don't have to make any payments until two months after you've completed the course (so that's 14 months without having to pay anything). Secondly, the government pays your interest in those 14 months so you don't have to make up for it after that time. Thirdly, unlike most loans, there's no charge to pay it off early so the best thing to do is to take out a regular loan after 13 months, the best one you can find in terms of interest with a payment schedule you can afford and then use that to pay off the CDL. Even if you *don't* need a CDL, if you get it and shove it into a high interest bank account for the year, you can make up to £500.