Help me

S

I am currently phd student in abusive situation with advisor. Did everything he told me to do and a year later, I find out I have to start over. Is there anyone who has anonymously passed on information to those in high positions without identifying yourself but it led to an investigation. Since all programs have some type of abuse, there must be an anonymous way to get schools to investigate.
I wish I could say more about my situation but I can't. I'm losing hope and very depressed.

W

Have you tried the university's student union? They may be able to give you advice and will not have to feedback anything you might have to say.
I suspect you will not be able to stay anonymous if you wish to make a formal complaint, and to be honest, you need this problem sorted and so it needs to be clear to the supervisor who the problem is with.

Your supervisor is also likely to defend themselves quite strongly. What evidence have you written down? Have you thought how you will defend yourself if they try and say all the problem is with you?
Sit down and write it all out at home. Think of all the excuses the supervisor might say and try and see if you can prove that it is all their fault.
Next think what you want to happen. getting the supervisor disciplined for their behaviour is one thing, but what do you want for you?
Do you want another supervisor? Is there someone else who can be your supervisor? Do you want things to just improve with your current supervisor.

There is NO excuse for bullying and no supervisor should make their PhD students feel they are being treated unfairly. You do not deserve to be made unhappy.
I hoep for you that something gets sorted soon.