help please! URGENT job application advice needed

S

hi everyone
I just came across this advert yesterday.
I am really interested in applying for it. The ad states that it is essential to have a first degree (in this area), and also a Masters degree (or working towards a Masters).

I don't have the type of first degree they want (I have another type of BSc. (Hons))
but I have the masters degree (almost related to what they want)
and I want to use my Phd (which is related to the first degree that they want)

I am really desperate for some advice, shall I send in my application? I just called their HR person (the number for informal enquiries) but there was no answer. The deadline is 18th April.

can someone give me some advice? thanks very much
love satchi

S

In this type of situation, I would always advise that you go ahead and apply. Hopefully, they will see that as you are overqualified (i.e. you have a PhD, they are only asking for a Masters) that they will overlook your first degree and see the other relevant experience you have. There is no harm in trying, the worst that can happen is they reject your application. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

S

hi smoobles
thanks for your advice! I'm probably being silly but I feel nervous about even making the application. I recently went for a job interview--and didn't get the job. The reason was because I did not have the work experience (with young people but not with troubled young people) I thought I'd got over it but maybe I still feel a bit down inside. I need to get over that as well!!!

OK I'll go ahead. I'll get on it tonight. Thank you so much.

love satchi