Hi there from Kiwi PhD student

T

Hello
My name is Tessie from Thailand. I'm doing my PhD in Linguistics at Massey University NZ. I have a blog telling my life as a PhD student which I always keep it updated as my supervisors and the faculty are readers. I enjoy sharing ideas about postgrad life including all troubles and jokes. PhD is not as difficult as you think as long as you learn how to live with it and know that it lives in you.

Please read my blog here: http://tessiesphdjournal.blogspot.com/

T

Hey I have a question to ask you guys: I have been asking some freinds and they quite like telling their stories...check this out

Hello Guys,

Somebody says that we are in the stage of: "Permanent head Damage", "Pile higer and Deeper", "Patiently hoping for a Degree", "Potential heavy Drinker" or "Probably headed Downhill", etc....

Anyway... I know you are working really hard to get the degree but there is something behind us that keep us going everyday. For me, my major motivation is to fulfill my dream to get the highest degree of formal education. It's like reaching the summit of one of the highest mountains and see the panoramic view from the top. It's all about the curiousity to know what it's gonna be like up there....

Well, how about yours? I'm sure you want to share --go ahead mate, write up!

Question: "What motivates you to pursue this intellectual endeavour?"