Holy poo my essay won a competition!!!

D

I just found out my essay won the ESRC battle of ideas competition!! Wicked or what?? Certainly helps lift flagging spirits!!

J

Brilliant

Congratulations, you must be chuffed to bits. Well done!

What was it about?

V

Congratulations!!

S

hehe, holy poo, congratulations

D

I wrote an essay 'The public service customer:Misdirection, Manipulation and Myth?...I have never won anything in my life. My school is really making a big deal of it....feel slightly embarrassed by the fuss but to be honest it couldnt have come at a better time!!! So so so happy

J

Don't be embarrassed, you earned it. Your school will be chuffed cos it's kudos for them as well.

Do you get a good prize?

C

dazednconfused you deserve it! Well done! I am sure that this is just the 1st of many.

M

Quote From dazednconfused:

I wrote an essay 'The public service customer:Misdirection, Manipulation and Myth?...

Geee! What a topic! CAN i see it please? (up)

N

So, what is the prize for winning this ESRC competition? :-)

N

======= Date Modified 10 Sep 2012 13:59:24 =======
Edit: my post made no sense because this is an old thread.

N

Haha... I think we've fallen into the trap of answering a very old thread! The then PhD student is probably comfortably in a lectureship now or some other good job?! :-)

D

It was lovely to have this pop up in my e-mail box!! Yes it was few years ago now but it was one of the happiest letters i received saying I had won as I was beginning to doubt my writing abilities. Alas I am not in a lectureship :-( After finishing my PhD I spent 18 months looking for work until I got a temp. part time job at Manchester university as a research associate designing a website for the Online Centre for Ethnic Politics. So after 9 years training to be an academic/researcher/lecturer i end up being a web designer :-( . I am terrified of being out of work again and so am trying to cast my net wide as i work to help get more work next year. It's a tough old game.

Anyway if you really want to see the Battles essay it is here:

http://www.battleofideas.org.uk/index.php/2012/battles/1046

I won a VIP weekend at the battles festival and it was great!

Keep your peckers up!!!

Nicki :-)