hot weather !

D

any tips for working in this major hot weather... or have u all just given up?

W

Eat ice cream, and lots of it.

A

Nice cold glass of Pimms and lemonade, slap on the sun screen and enjoy it while it lasts!

W

I am going for a long weekend to Cornwall. I have given up trying to work in this kind of conditions... It is inhumane to ask an academic to work in the summer.

S

You sound in a good mood DanB!

J

I'm taking two weeks holiday. Last night I found my old paddling pool from when I was about 8 so we decided to put it and amazingly its still kinda okay after 16 years! It had a tiny hole but hopefully we fixed it. So today will involve beer, bbq and sitting in a pool of cold water. :)

I know it is going to sound like a masochistic thing to say, but I really love this uncomfortable heath. Being from a very hot country, and living in England for too long I've been missing hot weather like this. My advice is, keep your head under cold water for a minute every couple of hours. Drink plenty of water. Eat lots of fruit and enjoy the heath...

J

what country are you from 404? I'm quite liking the heat because normally I'm always cold.

Jen, I'm from south of Turkey (so much for my anonymus identity on this forum). It gets about 40C in the summer.

A

Take your laptop into the cold room & work there. We store our beer, chrisps and wine supplies in there .... Get some ice from the ice machine and put your feet into it. Alternatively, get into the ice machine.

yep, I like the ice machine idea too, as long as it doesn't have the ice-chopping function in it.

C

Go into work - we have air conditioning, you can always go on the internet and sit outside on extended breaks with your friends
Get a fan or similar at night. Wear less clothes

S

Spend all day sitting right next to a fan