How can I find a summer practice?

Hi dear all;

I am studying pediatric clinical nutrition and it is essential for me to have a summer practice during my Phd. I wonder, if anyone help me to connect a hospital or a university in Europe. I wrote some universities and hospitals but I don't know the procedure well so maybe you can tell me where to apply.

Thank you

R

Hi Aysegul, can your university not help you to get a placement?

Anyone else been in this position?

It's the first time someone working both in clinic and academic like me, so the university didn't make aggrement yet. They want me to find on my own then give me money to go :/

R

Can anyone help Aysegul?

I wonder if you might have better sucess if you speak to people on the telephone, rather than writing - this way you can ensure you reach the right person.

Where are you based? Are you looking for somewhere local?

Thank you so much Reenie. I have talked some people in Manchester but I think I am a bit late for it because they said it is okey if I could go in September. They have already had practicioners for summer.

I honestly don't care the place I could go. It can be local, and doesn't have to be in academic place or university, It can be clinic and hospital also but I lost my hope a little bit. Probably I'll extend the time of my phd :/ By the way I am from Turkey.

R

You can do it, don't lose hope! Be persistent.