How do I write the outline of my PhD

J

Hello all,

I have been asked by my supevisors to start thinking about writing the outline of my PhD, i.e. shaping and forming it. As in it has been 6 months since I started and have to now give it shape starting to tell the overarching tory and how the different components will interlink. I need to outline the 10 different chapters I am going to have with a brief couple of paragraphs after each heading with methodologies, parameters, primary reseach techniques etc. My PhD is in the Social Sciences

Does anyone have any tips on how to best do this?

Thanks

; )

M

It sounds as though you already have a fair idea what to do - I have written two chapters (drafts) plus a scrappy intro - and now my sup watns to see an "outline" of my following chapters - he just wants a page on each chapter, maybe a para or two and some info in point form - what they will cover, methods, how they link etc...

J

You seem to know exactly what you have to do - I think all you have to do now is sit down, plan it and write it out!

J

Thanks! I think I am just a bit nervous and wanted any advice from people who have done it. Maybe there are a few books that may have helped, a sort of check list of things to factor in I suppose!