How do you know which is the right masters?

N

Hello

I am looking at starting a masters in september, i want to go on to work in research looking at human exposure to chemicals and the effects on human health. There are several degrees which look to fit the bill including Epidemiology, Public Health, Environment and Health and Health, safety and the environment. I have no university at the moment to ask for advice, and the universities seem to give limited information on the courses. Any advice on where to go for help or how to know which is the right one?? Thank you

B

If you already have an undergraduate degree, I would suggest asking someone whose opinion you value at your old university what they would recommend. An old lecturer or tutor you liked probably wouldn't mind offering you advice. It's not my field, but I would think that it's worth evaluating the job prospects of the different courses - most university departments have something to say on that score if you email them.

If you're lucky, someone on here will be familiar with your field and be able to offer more specific advice - I hope so and wish you luck.