How long does it take to receive a Senate letter after submit correction?

P

Hi, I got three months minor correction after viva and submitted my thesis after two months. I emailed the internal examiner the corrected thesis together with the list of the changes more than a week ago but haven't received any indication whether he has received it. I'm quite worry because the last time I contacted him, he only replied after two months because he just found my email. My biggest concern derived from the fact that by 10th Aug my sponsor requested that I send them a PhD certificate or at least a Senate letter otherwise I have to pay back the total amount of the funding because I have extended the agreement period.

So my question is, what can I expect from the examiner - how long does it usually take for them to check and inform me of any progress? After they have agreed with all the changes, how long does it usually take to receive the Senate letter? Is there anyone else that I can communicate with to ask about it? I am an international student studying in the UK.

Thank you.

Edit 1: On Monday I emailed the examiner just to ask if he has received my corrected thesis, I'm still waiting for a reply.
Edit 2: I did ask the sponsor to consider extending the dateline and they are still considering.

T

After the examiner signs off the corrections, you need to wait until the exam board until you get a letter from the senate. At my uni, this isn't until the end of September now.... You can check these dates on your uni website. You won't get a certificate until after graduation, whether you are attending it or not.

You should call the examiner and ask him what's going on, rather than waiting for an email. Please remember that they actually need to check your corrections, so you need to give them time to do this and a week is probably insufficient. Examiners are very busy people.

You can check all of this with your administration department for your School. The person is probably called a postgraduate administrator or something similar.

P

Thank you for your reply. The examiner's report has been approved by the Examination Board last June, and I submitted my correction in mid-July. I'm told that once the examiner is satisfied that any corrections have been completed then he will forward it to the Postgraduate Research and Operation. I'm not sure whether it will involve another Exam Board meeting to produce the Senate letter.

I'm already in my home country (9hrs time zone apart) hence calling the examiner would be quite difficult especially he's not always around in the office. I know that two weeks is too short of a time for him to check but at least I need some indication that he has received my corrected thesis.