Ive got a problem in that ive been offered two places at two seperate universities on a postgraduate diploma. Problem Ive got is that there is possible funding in the pipeline on both courses, but nothing that is definite - and to be eligible for funding you must accept the place. So basically, is it ok for me to accept both places and wait and see if
I am successful with the funding, or do I have to just accept one place and cross my fingers that the funding will be successful.
thanks in advance.
I believe that a condition of acceptance is that you do not hold a place at another institution. So, accepting both places will, in all likeihood, make both offers null and void. Remember, what you are accepting is a contract, like a job. Of course, if things come up, you can change your mind about a place, and people will probably understand. But nobody likes a time waster (although I know you're not doing it on purpose). The place that you end up rejecting will be annoyed, and its not great to upset people who might be useful to you in your future career! Bottom line anyway, you're not allowed.
Just be honest with both places - you won't be the first person in that scenario, and they would probably know so they can plan what to do if you decide to reject the place. There might be other people further down the chain for whom offers depend on your decision - it wouldn't be fair if they were rejected because you accepted a place that you then turned your back on.
Masters DegreesSearch For Masters Degrees
An active and supportive community.
Support and advice from your peers.
Your postgraduate questions answered.
Use your experience to help others.
Enter your email address below to get started with your forum account
Enter your username below to login to your account
An email has been sent to your email account along with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not recieve your email, or have any futher problems accessing your account, then please contact our customer support.
or continue as guest