How satisfied are you with your PhD experience?

O

======= Date Modified 14 May 2012 16:46:55 =======
Hi everyone,
As you may recall from my previous posts, I am a first-year PhD student, and as a part of my programme, I am taking some additional courses in research methods. As a part of one of these courses, I am working on a group project, for which we need to conduct a full-blown quantitative study in a very short period of time. Having reflected on our experience as PhD students so far, we have decided to conduct a study of factors that affect our satisfaction (or dissatisfaction! ,)) with our life as doctoral students. We are trying to get as many responses as possible from PhD students from different countries and academic backgrounds, and hope that we could get meaningful results that could be useful to students, supervisors and universities.
If you are interested in participating, please use the link below to access our questionnaire.
http://go.bath.ac.uk/PhD_Life_Survey
I could also share the results of this exploratory study here, if there is enough interest. Also, if you have any questions about the study, please feel free to PM me.
Thank you and apologies for yet another 'please fill out a questionnaire' post!
A quick update: just to avoid any confusion - the survey is aimed primarily at current PhD students or those who have completed their research recently, hence there is no 'completed' option in the question asking about the year of the programme you are currently in. Thanks to the helpful user who has raised this issue!

L

Would love to see the results of this as it's something I often wonder about!