how to build a strong research question

D

======= Date Modified 28 48 2009 07:48:23 =======

Hi everybody,

I am at the moment working on my master thesis and at the same time I’m trying to build a strong research main question for a PhD I would like to start soon after my graduation. The general subject of my proposal is the climate change in Senegal.The point is that I find quite difficult to build the main research question, and I have no guide in it if not some papers I found on the web.
I would like to build something really original (as it’s one of the main characteristics a proposal must have) but I always finish to already known directions and projects…
could you tell me any advice to “set” my knowledge on my subjects in a more “original”way?

Thank youvery much!

L.

C

I know a bit about Senegal and climate change. A novel idea might be dust. The effect of Saharan dust on Senegal - especially on photovoltaic infrastructure. Senegal is deploying large amount of photovoltaic power infrastructure but dust is a major problem. Dust events are affected by climate change and in return have have an impact on climate by transporting iron into tropical Atlantic waters stimulating plankton growth. I expect there's a good question around climate, dust, photovoltaics and maybe agriculture.