How to do it?

P

I'm looking for some published articles, I remember there were some very useful internet sites where I could read the full article (not just the abstract), and I could do a advanced search about most everything: Date, author, title, etc...

Does anybody have a clue where I can find these sites?
I have an interview next Tuesday and I would like to read some of the articles published by my supervisor.

S

For sciencey journals, PLOS journals are open access (www.plos.org).

S

Also, good luck with the interview!

P

Thanks a lot kabhihaan! That was precious!

C

Hi wkabhihaan,
Any way that we can get the articles without that many lines (means the not-freely available ones) other than finding or purchasing the printed version? Sometimes the articles are very important but I cannot retrieve it just because it is quite aged.

M

I have been asking authors for reprints several times, I said I am about to have a PhD interview. I had situations when they faxed articles to me in the evenings understanding my urgent need. Not always though, some of the authors don''t care even though their address is stated as correspondence address.
Pub Med Central is a good source, You can also try Pub Med, sometimes the article seems not to be free but if you go to publishesr site you can find an html version (pdf most likely not free)

Good luck and dont be afraid to contact authors, they like their work to be popularised and don't worry if you don't get replies some times.

C

Yup that's what happened to me. E-mailed several authors but all the results were negatives. Anyway I will keep on trying. Thanks.