How to present "evidence of inspiration" in personal statement??

V

A key part of a personal statement is showing what you´ve learnt from your previous experiences and which questions/research have they inspired in you.

In my case, going for the PhD totally comes from my great enthusiasm towards the subject of the graduate program I took last year (which was a no dissertation one, so no research on this matter). My previous work exp is also tangential. In this case, how could one show evidence of "previous experiences" that have inspired going for a PhD?

M

Message Removed.

V

Hello; I worked as an engineer, but as I said previously, my interest in the PhD was initiated in the classroom.

I guess it won´t diminish my chances of admission that I don´t show some link between previous work experience and research interests.

I was thinking I could develop the essay writing about my previous research experience -in tangential subjects- and mentioning the relevant skills I´ve developed. I could continue talking about the most interesting topics of my last postgraduate degree and how I´ve been inspired to further my knowledge about them with a PhD.

Does it make sense to you?