I'm going to be a PhD student!

P

Hi everyone,
This is the 1st time I've posted but I'll probably be spending a lot more time on here...I start my PhD in September!!! It is a fully-funded studentship so I am over the moon. I'm still in shock but can't wait to get started :)

M

Congratulations! I'm in the same position, so good luck to you

P

also starting in sept, very excited! anybody studied in /going to Nottingham?

S

oh so matthew82, you did get a PhD in the end, well done
Well done and good luck to you too PhD_chick

S

Well done folks, welcome to PhDland!

J

Hi phd_chick, congratulations!
I'm starting in September too, part time, really excited! What's everybody doing in terms of preparation? Or are you enjoying the last few weeks of freedom/social life?

R

Enjoying. Especially it may be the last chance for the next few years...

M

Good luck everyone. I'm also starting this October and really looking forward to it, but i'm still finishing my Masters so i've only got a week to have a holiday after my disertations due before I start the PhD. All good though!

T

Well done.. what are you all gonna be doing?

S

Have a good break this summer and give your head a break, then in the week before you start, read up on what you're going to be doing so you can impress your supervisor in your first meeting. First impressions and all that!

P

Well done to everyone else! I'm going to be doing my PhD in Molecular Biology and Organic Chemistry (Biocatalysis). Definitely going to be enjoying my last few weeks of freedom (with a little light reading ;) xx

P

p.s. thanks to everyone who has replied :)

J

Molecular Biology and Organic Chemistry sounds a bit complicated for me! Mine's in Health Psychology

J

Well done, I had the same news that I got a funded phd a couple of weeks ago, just sorting out all the red tape now.

R

enjoy the excitement while it lasts folks. many years of blood sweat and tears to come, but well worth it in the end ( at least i hope )