I need help

C

I am a Phd econ student who needs guidance. I am not getting enought at University.

J

You need to be more specific - people here are pretty helpful if you need help handling a situation with your supervisor or if you are looking for a journal article or if you can't understand somethign in SPSS. BUT it's your PhD - YOU need to do it. You will find generally that you don't get much help at uni - that's part of the process of learning to be independent.

If you have a specific question you'll get help or if not help at least encouragement but "I need help. I'm not getting enough at uni" isn't going to get you much help.

C

You are right. I did not know what I was getting into. I was expecting to get a lot of guidance from superviors, but I realise that is not the case in the UK. In the culture where I came from we got a lot of guidance

T

Hi,

The other thing I'd say is that there is often a lot of help available once you ask for it... supervisors and admin will assume all is well unless they hear otherwise.

as you are not very specific on what you need guidance about, have a look at www.vitae.ac.uk/pgr and find what area you want guidance on. I sincerely hope this will help.

Good luck,
Tennie