I passed my viva! :)

J

Hi everyone!

Last week I passed my viva with minor corrections! I didn't post too much on here but found the website so very helpful throughout my PhD! Thank you to everyone who posted helpful tips about the viva recently it was very helpful!

My viva was surprisingly enjoyable. My advice to future students would be that you really cannot prepare! Not very helpful I know but i got none of the questions I had prepared for and actually think I was better on the spot and under pressure than i would have been with scripted answers. The viva really wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be in my head.

Thanks again forum! :)

S

Congratulations!!! I've got my viva in a few weeks so this is exactly the kind of viva story I want to hear at the moment ;-)

A

yoohoo Dr. Jenni, many congratuations (up)

W

Congrads Dr. Jenni.

P

Congratulations :-)

Congratulations Jenni, that's awesome news(up) Well done for all your hard work.

D

Congratulations! Always nice to read good news.

Congratulations! And great to hear that it's not as bad as all that, always comforting!

Q

======= Date Modified 28 Mar 2012 09:04:44 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
*Removed by moderators - spam*

O

Congratulations. What a relief you have? We will pluck the courage to follow in your footsteps. Cheers, Olga

O

Quote From omashia:
"Nothing is impossible. If you want to be it- YOU will be it- a PhD Graduate"
Congratulations. What a relief you have? We will pluck the courage to follow in your footsteps. Cheers, Olga

Well done!!! Enjoy the rest of your life!!!

I don't fully agree as I believe preparation in the form of background revision of current knowledge and what you're expect to know did help me, as all bases were covered and that gave me extra confidence in examination that I wouldn't be tripped up by lack of knowledge of a basic detail.
However, the viva is very much about opinions as you're being examined about material that is new to the subject area. Scripted answers don't help with cutting edge research as much of an area can still be up for debate and discussion.

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

H

It's always wonderful to hear such positive posts, especially around here.

Congratulations! What are your plans now?

J

Thanks everyone! Still not sure it has quite sunk it but feels a relief to have it all finished! :)

Good luck to all of those still plodding on with the PhD. It is worth it in the end!

Jen

M

======= Date Modified 11 Apr 2012 06:27:53 =======
Congratulations!