Imperial or St Andrews?

P

======= Date Modified 31 22 2009 13:22:30 =======
Hello all. I have been reading the forum for a while now..throughout my application process actually. I was wondering if you would leave some answers if i left a question.. I am a masters ecology student and have made it through St Andrews and Imperial College London for a second masters(by research this time) in Ecology, Evolution & Conservation research and MRes Environmental Biology, respectively. My aim was to get into a course where I would learn ecological modeling and one that will create a strong base to then continue on with a PhD. Although I am much too excited about Imperial..I am not confident as to which of the two courses would be a better choice. Does anyone know anything about the two universities/courses/whatever else matters since all my information is internet based. if anyone has any comments i'd be so happy to hear them. Any help..will be much appreciated. I know at the end of the day I will make the decision..but talking about it to people out here who might have a better idea than I would help immensely!
Regards,
Payal

T

What Imperial campus? They're not all in London, and that might sway your choice. Silwood Park is nice but a long way out, and the Wye campus might still be doing the odd bit, but its pretty much closed down.

T

I forgot to mention that Imperial is top notch for population ecology stuff, though I don't know about the other places.

P

hmm..thanks. my offer says Silwood Park. i didn't know there was more than one campus. long way off..well it's a long way off home anyway coz i'm from India..so I don't really know if that would matter make much of a difference.

T

Silwood Park is a lovely place, just not inside London (maybe 40 minutes on the train?). I just thought I'd mention it, because a lot of people might expect to be right in the middle of London, where the main campus is based (Kensington).

P

Like me for example. that helps..thanks mr coastman! reminds me of a song eh.
hmm..no one's voted on my poll i see...c'mon! it's not too much..get them clicks in people..git! come oooooon..haha.