Information on DIGITAL ARCHITECTURE

P

Hi,

I am a final year student in computer science. I find my course extremely uninteresting and so I am looking divert out of computing field (basically programming etc) into design, architecture type of field. However I found it almost impossible to do masters in architecture without a 1st degree in architecture so I decided to explore my other options in this design field I am interested in. Then I found an interesting course "MSc Digital Architecture" in the University of Newcastle, UK.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/apl/postgrad/taught/digitalarch/description.htm

The course seems interesting and meets right in between my first degree background and design (my current interested). But before applying for this course I want to know further information from people who really know about this area of DIGITAL ARCHITECTURE. I am afraid to just go and do it since this is a quite new degree and I don't exactly know what type of a career/job I will have after completing this degree.

I would like to get advice and information from any experienced people in this area or who have done this course themselves, to get to know about what I will get out of this course and what jobs I will be able to do after completing this degree? Anything you can share about this field or course is very much appreciated :-)

R

Hi, have you thought about skipping the masters and heading to a PhD instead?
It is also possible to do a masters as the first year of the PhD so you can do both and
often it is not mandatory to do the degree in the exact same subject. I did a degree in comp sci
and doing a PhD in e-security and skipped the masters altogether.

Good luck!