International Relations/Diplomacy Master's

A

I am American, but have Portuguese nationality. I took political science as my undergrad in the states at a relatively good university and have been living in portugal working for the past two years...i do not want to get my masters in the states and was interested in taking it in the uk...i am interested in diplomacy/international law...does anyone know which schools are the best in the uk for these programs?? because i am having a hard time finding out rankings and things...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

L

Me too!

I'm an international student, looking for a TAUGHT Masters Degree in Britain and Europe in the field of International Relations or Politics, but I have absolutely no idea where to apply to apart from Oxford and the LSE.

What is the general consensus out there? How do the departments at different British and Continental Universities compare?

And if possible, what are the top 5 Universities that people like us simply HAVE to apply to?

On the Continent, I'm open to studying in the Netherlands or Italy, as long as the course is primarily taught in English.

S

I would suggest looking at the SOAS programme in International Studies & Diplomacy. This is a highly regarded MSc that focuses on Diplomacy and International Law. The International Public Policy degree at UCL is also another good option and is extremely well regarded. I know Nottingham also has a degree in MSc Diplomacy however it possibly preferential to study in London due to the proximity of major international institutions.

L

I would recommend my course - MA in Globalization, Ethnicity and Culture at the University of Sussex. I couldn't be happier with it! Cheers!

G

I would raccomend the MA in International Relations at LSE, King's College London or University of Worwick