interview advice

R

I've just found out I have an interview for a research associate position in a non university research institute. This will be the first time I've interviewed for a 'proper' job and just wondered if anybody had any words of wisdom to share. I haven't finished my thesis yet, hoping to get it done by Easter if possible so I know this is something they will ask me about, just not sure what else to expect really so any advice welcome.

Thanks.

R

they will ask about possible date of joining.
Did they ask you to give a presentation about your ph.d research? if yes, try to follow the time limit. I was asked to give the presentation for 10 min (max). I wish you good luck for the interview.

R

Thanks rubygem :)

I've been told there will be a 20 minute test beforehand which requires no preparation but I have no idea what the test will be. I also have to give a 10 min presentation about my work and what I think I can bring to the job. I've got a few weeks to prepare which is good as I'm already quite nervous about it.

I suppose getting this interview is the motivation I need to get as much of the thesis written as possible over xmas!