Interview travel expenses

C

Okay a simple one here for ppl.I am sure this would have individual perspectives but I waned to put up this query anyways. The situation is that I have a interview scheduled in few days. I have been told that I wud be paid the to and fro charges along with a one-night hotel stay. I waned to know is there a limit as to what I am allowed to afford ? (I am sure i wud hv one). The train and flight charges vary a lot,also the train journey seems to be really long(8 hours).I tried to clarify this with the secretary of the school and she seems to be on a long easter holiday, not answering any of my queries regarding tickets.(The prof. had asked me to contact her anything regarding my travel plans).Another Q is that : Is it okay if I travel a 4-5 days before the interview date ? Would the dates of travel matter at all when I apply for reimbursement ?

M

hello,

from my experience, there is usually a certain limit of costs a uni is ready to pay. In my situation it was 500 pounds. It said in the form that it should be the cheapest possible option (no matter the limit).
Try to find something as cheap as possible but they will understand if you pick something slightly more expensive if it's more convenient for you.
I don't know about the 5 days in advance travel. When I was traveling the best return flight option was 2 days after the interview and because I was traveling via a place where i studied before, they proposed I could stay one night with friends. (The uni I travelled to was also ready to pay some money for that night but I didn't dare to include it in the form).
Good luck