Is applying a waste of time?

G

Am I legally eligible to apply?
I changed course during my degree, got 70-90% in finals but still got a pass degree (couldn't have honours because I was classed as not having 360 credits in a single subject, because I had 120 on my first course and 240 in the course I transferred to).

I spent a year working, and my experience together with an explanation of my final exam results got me onto a masters course.
The minimum requirement for a phd is 2.1 or 2.2+masters. Would I be wasting my time even applying?

Academics do have some flexibility in awarding studentships, but this varies from one funding body to another, and many supervisors may not look beyond the pass. The best advice on this will come from academics in your area of interest. This means your masters course tutors. They will tell you whether or not you're wasting your time and how best to explain your position on your CV.

G

Actually there are many PhD projects which dnt require app forms, just mail yr CV. Its best 1st to contact the tutor of the project, by 1st enquiring about the project, then reply acknowledging yr interest in the area stating yr situation and yr competence. This would also be further aided with good references from your tutors, which hopefully would support u.Usually the interview is the tough part, but is the place to prove yourself. good luck!
P.S. if your work experience was subject related, you would have a massive advantage